Life is a journey.....

"It takes time to settle into a house, to learn to love it right, to make it feel homegrown." Janet S. Wong, Homegrown House

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Freezer Meal Workshop

A few weeks ago I went to a Wildtree Tasting Party and got excited about their products and their freezer bag workshops.  As you know, I love freezer cooking!  When the representative said it would take only an hour to put together 10 meals (more if you have a small family and can split the recipes), she had my full attention.
What is Wildtree?  Here is what is listed on their website: 
"Wildtree is an exciting direct-sales company whose all natural gourmet culinary blends, infused Grapeseed oils, dressings and sauces are sold through home Tasting parties.
Our Independent Representatives will show your guests how to make cooking everyday and gourmet food quicker, easier and more healthful for those who are short on time, and a fun, interesting adventure for those who wish to be more creative in the kitchen.
Wildtree's food line contains all natural, no preservatives, no msg, no food dyes, no food additives. Wildtree provides recipes for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, holiday meals, appetizers and other special occasions. Wildtree provides an excellent home based business opportunity for Independent Representatives who want to make part-time money or build a full-time career."  http://wildtree.com/Home/default.aspx
Who doesn't want to put together 10 meals in one hour and know the ingredients are all natural?!? 
So I booked my freezer workshop and started spreading the word, I got a lot of positive interest, which got me thinking maybe this is a company I could work for.  My partner in crime, MK, had a great idea to see if we could get some better meat prices if all of us ordered together.  There was 10 of us, so that is a lot of meat.  (I think it was 100 lbs!)  She called a bunch of butchers, visited them in person, and worked her magic.  We got great meat prices and the butcher cut it just how we needed it and packaged it in the sizes each of us would need! (chunks, strips, boneless)
To prep for the workshop you have to bag your protein and veggies and label the bags with the right number.  I would say this took less than an hour to do.  On the day of the workshop the representative brings your purchased bundle of oil and spices. (I will post a picture below)  And gives you the directions on what needs to be added to each bag.  She also gave us labels to stick to the bags with instructions.  We all quickly got to work and sure enough in about an hour with all had 10 plus meals.  We also were given some side suggestions for meals and the nutrional information.
Note to vegetarians:  The Wildtree rep can give you vegetarian options, I made a few of my meals vegetarian so Nathan would have lots of meals to enjoy too.
Here is what we made:
Garlic and Herb Pork Chops
Italian Chicken Tenders
Herb Crusted Tilapia
Lemon Rosemary Roasted Tenderloin
Opa! Greek Kabobs (I did half mine tofu, half chicken)
Greek Chicken Burgers
Shrimp Scampi (I did mine vegetarian-so the substitute was peppers and mushrooms)
Baked Chicken Scampi and rice (I made mine tofu)
Fajitas (I used Portebella mushrooms instead of steak)
Taco Night (I used lentils, everyone else used ground turkey)
 
Here is the postivie, you have a lot of spices and oils to make even more meals!  So the upfront cost does not seem as bad.
 
work station

Spices and oil

meals all done

What you get in the bundle, this was after I made the meals, so you can see a lot is left.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment