Life is a journey.....

"It takes time to settle into a house, to learn to love it right, to make it feel homegrown." Janet S. Wong, Homegrown House

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Freezer Cooking











My friend Melissa and I got together yesterday to freezer cook, we had a very productive day! We were able to make: meatballs ( 2 bags per family), pizza soup (2-3 meals worth), Chicken Macaroni Bake (2 meals for my small family, one for Melissa's bigger family), Enchilada Casserole (this should end up being 2 meals for us), Easy Chicken Marinade, 2 fish marinades, mashed potatoes (these did not turn out well-boo), and 3 rice mixes (1 Indian, 2 Mexican). It took us about 5 1/2 hours and cost us $60 each! Both Melissa's family and ours are trying to buy more organic, less processed, less chemicals.....and we were able to come close to 100% in our purchases for cooking, I would guess we were about 85%! It is so nice to have a freezer (and pantry) full of things I can pick and choose from and not have to do much prep work for.

I want to thank my friends from NY who let me into their freezer cooking group and showed me how much fun and rewarding it is to freezer cook! Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment