Life is a journey.....

"It takes time to settle into a house, to learn to love it right, to make it feel homegrown." Janet S. Wong, Homegrown House

Saturday, October 15, 2011

This and That

After a week of glorious fall weather it has turned cold and wet here in Michigan, it is probably all down hill from here!  Thankfully we were able to get some fall activities in before it got too cold and wet.
A photo my mom took while having our professional pictures done
My parents were in town last weekend; we had fun shopping and decorating the house for Halloween.  Mom finished D's Halloween costume and made her a dress.  We also had family pictures done; we had a nice day for them, maybe a little too hot (I know, I know, bite my tongue) but the landscape was gorgeous.  A sneak peek of our photos can be found here:  http://littlevoicephoto.blogspot.com/  We can't wait to see the rest!

D had her Fun Run last week at school.  It is her school's only fundraiser, so we want to thank all of you that donated!  She raised $130!  She is looking forward to the pizza and bowling party for those who raised over $80.

Earlier this week I was able to be a test kitchen for a website I love.  I cooked a whole vegetarian freezer menu.  It was very challenging to do alone, there was so much to cut up and roast.  It took me a lot longer than I was allowing for.  My freezer is now full of lots of great meals.  We have already tried a few of them and they were both hits.  Even D ate the Roasted Corn, Poblano Pizza!  Once the website releases the menu I will share more information on what I made!
















Coming up in the next days and weeks we have lot of Halloween activities and D was invited to go see Disney on Ice with a friend.  I am sure I will have lots of pictures to share!

1 comment:

  1. S ~ loved all the photos, esp. the first -- you and Nate. I remember many, many years ago, the big thing in magazines (before the internet) was how to shop for and cook a month's worth of menus. Bet you were exhausted. Let me know the site when it's up so I can share it with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete